Fooling around the past couple days I came up with a fun CSS3 graphic. The first incarnation was a simple html page, but after some thought I decided to integrate it into a WordPress theme as a shortcode by adding to the existing themes functions.php file. This worked great and further motivated me to create a plugin as well.
Cover Swing CSS Fun
Usage: Use shortcode
[cs cover="http://completepathtocoverimage.jpg" link="http://yourwebaddresshere.com" title="Your Title Here"]Your body copy here...[/cs]
Where cover = complete file path to your cover image, link = url to more info website/page/post, title = Brief title.
Now in three exciting flavors!
- Shortcode by adding to any WordPress theme.
- Copy code in functions.php to your themes functions.php file
- Copy css from cover-swing-style.css to your theme’s style.css file.
- Copy images to your themes images folder. If one does not exist, simply copy the entire images folder to your theme folder.
- HTML – Requires no explanation.
- Plugin – Upload the plugin to your WordPress plugins folder and activate.
You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C S Lewis More
Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind.
To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy,
is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
Another year has slipped by and and so here is another Christmas card. I’m including a link to a zip package containing my Photoshop file (CS6) and assorted assets created/used for this graphic.
May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note
and make way for a fresh and bright New Year.
Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Flash, Jan, Zac, Max & Molly the dog.
Download Zip Package