by Flash Alexander | May 21, 2020 | Downloads, plugins, WordPress
Many builders; think Divi, Elementor, Visual Composer may only allow for x maximum columns. What does one do when the need is for columns within columns?
Simple Grid to the Rescue
A basic responsive grid for winners. This project is based on Chris Coyier’s post on grids http://css-tricks.com/dont-overthink-it-grids/. Simple Grid is a basic lightweight grid, not a CSS framework. There are no styles for buttons, tables, typography etc. etc. Responsive – Built with responsive sites in mind, Simple Grid allows developers to build websites on a foundation suited for mobile and tablet browsers.
- Lightweight – Simple Grid is simply that, a grid. This is not a framework with everything from forms to buttons styled but a lightweight simple CSS grid.
- 1140px- No longer do we develop for 1024px monitors. Simple Grid is designed to make sites look great on larger monitors with higher resolutions.
- 12 Columns- The twelve column structure of Simple Grid easily divides into columns of two, three, four or six, giving developers numerous layout possibilities.
Simple Grid was created for developers who need a bare bones grid. Simple Grid works well with 1140px layouts but easily adapts to any size of layout. With fluid columns, Simple Grid is responsive down to mobile.
5 Column Grid
Here is the simple grid code I’m using:
by Flash | May 3, 2016 | Downloads
I totally ripped off Mel Armstrong (Mel Armstrong Design). She created a post in the Divi Theme Users Group on Facebook where I discovered her desktop calendars.
has featured me in their list of top 20 desktop calendars on their blog this week. My ‘DIVI’ website is getting bombarded with hits and with that I have already had a request for work! Thanks Elegant Themes! smile emoticon I personally don’t use desktop calendars/wallpaper, I just create them for others and to get my illustration work noticed. They certainly do attract visitors to your website so I highly recommend doing them if you want to get more visitors to your website.
Jumping right in, I dredged up a photo of my son Zac’s 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSI. I shot the image ’cause the car looked so great after I spent a couple hours detailing it. My wife and I are the only people washing that car – kids today, sheesh. To create the calendar, I tried out a free script that runs inside Photoshop, then opted to purchase a very similar script on Code Canyon with which to generate the calendar overlay.
The calendar can be downloaded by clicking the button below. In this zip file will be found:
2560 x 1440px
1440 x 2560px
1680 x 1050px
1024 x 768px
320 x 480px
by Flash | Dec 6, 2015 | Downloads, Photoshop
The Divi Theme Users Group has been a great hangout for the past month or so. Over 8K users posting questions and answers as they relate to the Divi WordPress theme developed by Elegant Themes.
Occasionally (every day) you see a post prefaced with the acronym NDR, which represents Not Divi Related. One particular NDR caught my attention. A photo similar to the featured image of this page was posted, the user wanting to know how to create the effect. The best way to explain how to achieve a magnifying effect is to download my Magnifying Effect Photoshop file, open it up and quite clearly see for yourself. I’ve included two different versions with three examples total.
by Flash | Aug 5, 2015 | Bric-a-Brac, Downloads, Featured, plugins
Fooling around the past couple days I came up with a fun CSS3 graphic. The first incarnation was a simple html page, but after some thought I decided to integrate it into a WordPress theme as a shortcode by adding to the existing themes functions.php file. This worked great and further motivated me to create a plugin as well.
Cover Swing CSS Fun
Usage: Use shortcode
Your Title Here
Your body copy here... More
Where cover = complete file path to your cover image, link = url to more info website/page/post, title = Brief title.
Now in three exciting flavors!
- Shortcode by adding to any WordPress theme.
- Copy code in functions.php to your themes functions.php file
- Copy css from cover-swing-style.css to your theme’s style.css file.
- Copy images to your themes images folder. If one does not exist, simply copy the entire images folder to your theme folder.
- HTML – Requires no explanation.
- Plugin – Upload the plugin to your WordPress plugins folder and activate.
You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C S Lewis More
by Flash | Dec 26, 2014 | Bric-a-Brac, Downloads, Photoshop
Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind.
To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy,
is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
Another year has slipped by and and so here is another Christmas card. I’m including a link to a zip package containing my Photoshop file (CS6) and assorted assets created/used for this graphic.
May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note
and make way for a fresh and bright New Year.
Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Flash, Jan, Zac, Max & Molly the dog.
Download Zip Package
by Flash | Jun 13, 2014 | Downloads, plugins, WordPress
WordPress click to call plugin shortcode to add call to action buttons; mobile phone call buttons to WordPress posts and pages, allowing users to click the button and invoke any native phone call applications; Skype, mobile phones, tablets with call apps etc. This tool is great to easily add a handsomely style click to call button on any WordPress site.
- Add The Click to Call shortcode to your WordPress posts and or pages with ease
- Single click Skype calls for users viewing the site on a Mac, PC, table or mobile phone
- Single click phone calls for people visiting your site on a call enabled device
- Install the plugin to your WordPress site to receive calls with ease
- Add call buttons to link phone numbers to staff for selling your products
- Add a call button with voice-mail number to capture sales leads
Use shortcode [ clicktocall number=xxxxxxxxxx ]xxx xxx-xxxx[ /clicktocall ] where xxxxxxxxxx is the phone number and xxx xxx-xxxx can be any text.
1. Upload flashy-click-to-call folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Add shortcode
Mobile Users Click to Call
xxx xxx-xxxx where xxx xxx-xxxx is a phone number.
Click to Call Button
Plugin Editable Styles