by Flash Alexander | May 21, 2020 | Downloads, plugins, WordPress
Many builders; think Divi, Elementor, Visual Composer may only allow for x maximum columns. What does one do when the need is for columns within columns?
Simple Grid to the Rescue
A basic responsive grid for winners. This project is based on Chris Coyier’s post on grids http://css-tricks.com/dont-overthink-it-grids/. Simple Grid is a basic lightweight grid, not a CSS framework. There are no styles for buttons, tables, typography etc. etc. Responsive – Built with responsive sites in mind, Simple Grid allows developers to build websites on a foundation suited for mobile and tablet browsers.
- Lightweight – Simple Grid is simply that, a grid. This is not a framework with everything from forms to buttons styled but a lightweight simple CSS grid.
- 1140px- No longer do we develop for 1024px monitors. Simple Grid is designed to make sites look great on larger monitors with higher resolutions.
- 12 Columns- The twelve column structure of Simple Grid easily divides into columns of two, three, four or six, giving developers numerous layout possibilities.
Simple Grid was created for developers who need a bare bones grid. Simple Grid works well with 1140px layouts but easily adapts to any size of layout. With fluid columns, Simple Grid is responsive down to mobile.
5 Column Grid
Here is the simple grid code I’m using:
by Flash Alexander | Feb 14, 2019 | plugins
by Flash | Aug 5, 2015 | Bric-a-Brac, Downloads, Featured, plugins
Fooling around the past couple days I came up with a fun CSS3 graphic. The first incarnation was a simple html page, but after some thought I decided to integrate it into a WordPress theme as a shortcode by adding to the existing themes functions.php file. This worked great and further motivated me to create a plugin as well.
Cover Swing CSS Fun
Usage: Use shortcode
Your Title Here
Your body copy here... More
Where cover = complete file path to your cover image, link = url to more info website/page/post, title = Brief title.
Now in three exciting flavors!
- Shortcode by adding to any WordPress theme.
- Copy code in functions.php to your themes functions.php file
- Copy css from cover-swing-style.css to your theme’s style.css file.
- Copy images to your themes images folder. If one does not exist, simply copy the entire images folder to your theme folder.
- HTML – Requires no explanation.
- Plugin – Upload the plugin to your WordPress plugins folder and activate.
You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C S Lewis More
by Flash | Jun 13, 2014 | Downloads, plugins, WordPress
WordPress click to call plugin shortcode to add call to action buttons; mobile phone call buttons to WordPress posts and pages, allowing users to click the button and invoke any native phone call applications; Skype, mobile phones, tablets with call apps etc. This tool is great to easily add a handsomely style click to call button on any WordPress site.
- Add The Click to Call shortcode to your WordPress posts and or pages with ease
- Single click Skype calls for users viewing the site on a Mac, PC, table or mobile phone
- Single click phone calls for people visiting your site on a call enabled device
- Install the plugin to your WordPress site to receive calls with ease
- Add call buttons to link phone numbers to staff for selling your products
- Add a call button with voice-mail number to capture sales leads
Use shortcode [ clicktocall number=xxxxxxxxxx ]xxx xxx-xxxx[ /clicktocall ] where xxxxxxxxxx is the phone number and xxx xxx-xxxx can be any text.
1. Upload flashy-click-to-call folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Add shortcode
Mobile Users Click to Call
xxx xxx-xxxx where xxx xxx-xxxx is a phone number.
Click to Call Button
Plugin Editable Styles